Did you actually know that there are about 1.8 million undergraduate, and more than 550000 postgraduate, students in the UK? Out of these, over 1.85 million are residents of the UK. Here are other crucial facts about the higher education system in the UK.
1. Applications for higher education in the UK are made through the Universities and Colleges Admission Service (UCAS).
2. There are about 400 universities and colleges in the United Kingdom, and they offer over 50000 courses.
3. Tuition fees vary from one high-level institution to the other, depending on the course you choose.
4. You may apply for a scholarship if you want financial help with your tuition. There are no tuition fees in Scotland.
5. Although there’s a myriad of accommodation options, first-year students tend to reside in the higher institutions’ halls of residence.
6. English is the preferred language; you’ll need to demonstrate proficiency in the language before you’re enrolled on to any course. Otherwise, you may have to take the English language test.
7. You need to apply for a visa to study in the UK if you’re an international student.